DeMisty Bellinger will be part of Readings on the Pike virtually on Thursday, September 9, 2021 from 7:00pm to 8:00pm. She will be reading alongside Jason B. Crawford, Sofia Fey, Steve Fox, Beth Gordon, Richard Peabody, Lee Potts, Karthik Sethuraman, Evan Williams, and Katherine Young!
DeMisty Bellinger will be giving a virtual reading with the Dire Literary Series on Friday, September 10, 2021 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
DeMisty Bellinger and Tyrese Coleman share a virtual reading hosted by Greedy Reads Remington team on Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 6:30pm to 7:30pm. You can register here for the event.
DeMisty Bellinger will be reading with Larksong Writers Place’s First Friday Luncheon Reading Series on Friday, October 1, 2021 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm. Register here for this virtual Zoom event.
DeMisty Bellinger will be reading at Pete’s Candy Shop on Friday, October 8, 2021 from 7:00pm to 8:00pm. At this point, it is scheduled to be a live and in-person event at:
Pete’s Candy Shop
709 Lorimer St
Brooklyn, NY, 11211
DeMisty Bellinger will be reading virtually at the Worcester Public Library on October 9th from 4:00pm to 5:00pm. Register here.
DeMisty Bellinger will lead an in-person reading at Middlesex Community College on Wednesday, October 20, 2021 from 12:30pm to 1:30pm. The location of the event is:
591 Springs Road
Bedford, MA, 01730
DeMisty Bellinger for a virtual reading hosted by A Room of One’s Own on Tuesday, October 26, 2021 at 12:30pm to 1:30pm.
On April 2, 2021, White Whale Bookstore celebrated DeMisty D. Bellinger’s latest book from Mason Jar Press, Peculiar Heritage, and read with Steven Levya and Sheila Squillante via Zoom. More information may be found on the Facebook page.
On April 10 2021, BLF Press presented Krystal A. Smith in conversation with DeMisty D. Bellinger. This was a launch of Krystal’s first collection of poetry, This is Not About Love: Poems. See the event page at BLF Press.
On April 13 2021, Colgate University featured DeMisty D. Bellinger with other poets in Small Press Reading Series: Poetry Edition.
- On Wednesday Mar. 10 2021, DeMisty D. Bellinger was honored to speak with a graduate students at University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Colophon: Conversations about Publishing presents DeMisty D. Bellinger.
- On October 27, 2020, In cooperation with the Office of Multicultural Affairs’ A S.E.A.T. at the Table week of programming on social justice issues, DeMisty D. Bellinger read at the Poetry/Fiction Reading at Springfield College via Zoom. See the virtual events at Springfield College.
- Saturday, October 10, DeMisty D. Bellinger participated in 805 Virtual Reading: Celebrate Black Women Writers. You can see a recording of the reading here.
Okay Donkey Reading celebrating Tara Zambrano’s new book took place on October 17, 2020.
- On April 30, 2020, Poetry in Davis, DeMisty D. Bellinger performed a reading with Randy Prunty and Erin Rodoni via Zoom.
- At the Best Small Fictions Boston Reading and Launch, November 20, 2019, at Newtonville Books, Newton Center, MA, DeMisty D. Bellinger read her addition to Nasty Women Poets: An Unapologetic Anthology Of Subversive Verse along with writers Chaya Bhuvaneswar, Zoe Gadegbeku and Maggie Cooper.
- September 15, 2018, at the New Hampshire Poetry Festival DeMisty D. Bellinger was hosted on a panel with writers Liz Ahl, Julie Cyr, Jenna Le, Gail Hanlon, and Amy Dryansky. Learn more here.
- May 5, 2018, Massachusetts Poetry Festival hosted a panel titled Nasty Women Poets: A Reading and Panel Discussion of Unapologetic, Subversive, Feminist Verse. DeMisty D. Bellinger discussed Nasty Women Poets: An Unapologetic Anthology Of Subversive Verse with the poets Jenna Le, Janet Aalfs, Liz Ahl, and Lesléa Newman. Learn more here.
- March 15, 2018 at Manchester Community College in Manchester, CT, the Dehn Gallery hosted DeMisty D. Bellinger reading her poems and short stories. This event also featured a performance by jazz quartet Chat Noir as part of MCC’s Mishi-maya-gat Spoken Word & Music Series. Learn more here.
- April 5, 2018 at the Emily Dickinson Museum in Amherst, MA, DeMisty D. Bellinger read at Nasty Women Poets: An Unapologetic Anthology Of Subversive Verse with Kathleen Aguero, Julie Cyr, Amy Dryansky, Gail Hanlon, and Rage Hezekiah. This event was in conjunction with Amherst’s April Arts Night Plus, and included an art exhibit and an open mic.
- February 23, 2018, in Cambridge, MA at Porter Square Books, DeMisty D. Bellinger along with Kathleen Aguero, Liz Ahl, Julie Cyr, Lisa Desiro, Amy Dryansky, Pat Gallagher Sassone, Gail Hanlon, Rage Hezekiah, Jennifer Martelli, Helena Minton, and Dzvinia Orlowsky read their contributions to Nasty Women Poets: An Unapologetic Anthology Of Subversive Verse.
- January 13, 2018 at The Toadstool Bookshop in Peterborough, NH, DeMisty D. Bellinger along with Gail Hanlon, Julie Cyr, and Marie Harris read their contributions to Nasty Women Poets: An Unapologetic Anthology Of Subversive Verse.
April 2, 2017, DeMisty D. Bellinger read “Signals” at Sarah Lawrence as part of their Wrexham Reading Series.